Kelly Juhasz is the principal of Fine Art Appraisal + Services, an art advisory and appraisal consultancy offering a range of services for fine art, antiques and archive needs in Toronto, Canada, serving clients throughout North America. Her appraisal knowledge for personal property is recognized by government agencies and cultural institutions throughout North America.
Kelly is a member of ISA's Private Client Services Group, a group of qualified appraisers who have completed specialized training and hold senior level industry experience in dealing with High Net Worth Individuals.
Fine Art Appraisal + Services provides professional services for fine art and archives including:
- Appraisal Reports for donation, estate planning, insurance or resale
- Managing authentication and conducting provenance research
- Identifying the best and most appropriate markets for fine art and archives
- Buying and selling assistance for new and experienced collectors
- Art and archive legacy planning for artists, heirs and collectors including market and museum consulting, and artist estate and collection advisory
Kelly’s clients are collectors, estate planners, executors and heirs, private owners; insurance professionals, lawyers, wealth advisors and managers; and government agencies, foundations, museums and trusts.
Kelly holds a Master of Information Studies, Archival Science from the University of Toronto and a BA (Hons), Art History from the University of Ottawa (partially completed at the University of Siena, Italy). She also holds a Master’s specialization in Knowledge Media Design, University of Toronto; a BA, Communications, University of Ottawa; and a Marketing Diploma from the Academy of Design.
Clients say the following about her work:
- "You did a wonderful and thorough job...enjoyed your company." (Private Canadian Art Collection >$1 Million)
- “Your work was not only informative but contributed significantly to family awareness. Thank you." (Heirloom Bohemian Porcelain, 1860)
- “I appreciate your research on and the authentication process for my painting, and value your opinion and conclusions.” (Dutch Master Painting, Probably 1665, Oil on Panel)
- "I am very impressed with the depth and detail of the appraisal. I am so glad that you were recommended to me." (Scottish, Contemporary Art, 1986, Sculpture and Authentication Process)
- "My difficult brother was impressed." (Artwork and antiques estate appraisal for the distribution of property)
- "You made it very easy for us to do business together." (Sale of fine Canadian art to Toronto dealer on behalf of client)
In 2016, Kelly was awarded one of six scholarships from the Foundation for Appraisal Education, Chicago, and was the winner of the 2017 Rising Leader award from the International Society of Appraisers, Chicago.
Kelly is the president of the Canadian Chapter of the International Society of Appraisers which was recognized as ISA's 2019 & 2018 Chapter of the Year.
Kelly has been quoted and written articles for Canadian Art, Canadian Insurance Top Broker, Canadian Underwriter, Investors Group, National Post, New York Post, Nonagon.style, Realtor.com and SFGate (San Francisco Chronicle).
- Appraisal Review
- Art Collections Management
- Damage Claims
- Divorce Settlements
- Equitable Distribution
- Estate Probate and Capital Gains
- Insurance Claims
- Investment Evaluations
- Retail - Art X